Occlutech ASD Occluder
Designed for safety and excellence
The design of the Flex II ASD Occluder results in an ideal septum alignment which increases its feasibility and patient safety during implantation.1
- Optimized braiding pattern and less material at left atrial disc.
- Titanium oxide-covered Nitinol shows the best values of biocompatibility2 and minimum Nickel release.3
- Spunbonded PET-patch allows for fast endothelialization.
- The unique ball-connection between pusher and Occluder safely locks it, while it freely follows the anatomy. Once in place it is easy and fast to deliver.
Recent studies found that transcatheter closure of isolated secundum atrial septal defects using the novel design of the Occlutech ASD Occluder was safe, effective and had an excellent outcome during the 6 months follow-up period.4,5
- Lower pull in forces and improved delivery sheath compatibility.
- Reduced material exposure.
- Significantly reduced mean procedure and fluoroscopic time compared to other devices (34%).6
3D TEE image of an implanted Occlutech
Perfect alignment of the Occluder to the